.::Zugaikotsu::.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.::Zugaikotsu::.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hizaki [guitar]
Chrono Crusade I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 7:16 pm by ...:::Hizumi Chan:::...

» Hiroto[guitar]
Chrono Crusade I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 7:13 pm by ...:::Hizumi Chan:::...

» Hizumi[vocals]
Chrono Crusade I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 3:24 am by ~error heroin~

» Yuuki[keyboard]
Chrono Crusade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 6:05 pm by ~error heroin~

» Prezentari/Presentations
Chrono Crusade I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:47 pm by ...:::Hizumi Chan:::...

» Asagi[vocal]
Chrono Crusade I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:12 pm by chuis.*

» About Cocco
Chrono Crusade I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:07 pm by chuis.*

» About Vidoll
Chrono Crusade I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 1:55 pm by chuis.*

» Tsukasa[drums]
Chrono Crusade I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:53 am by chuis.*

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Chrono Crusade

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Madame_Butterfly

Madame_Butterfly

Chrono Crusade Empty
PostSubject: Chrono Crusade   Chrono Crusade I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 3:32 am

Chrono Crusade------ Kurono Kuruseido?), known as Chrno Crusade in Japan, Singapore, Germany, France, Australia and Estonia, is an eight volume manga series authored by the Japanese mangaka Daisuke Moriyama.

It was originally published by Kadokawa Shoten in Monthly Dragon Magazine which began serialization in November of 1998. A 24-episode anime television series based on the manga ran from 2003 to 2004 on Fuji TV. The animation work was done by GONZO Digimation. The series was released in North America by ADV Manga and ADV Films, titled Chrono Crusade.

Set in the United States during the 1920s, Chrono Crusade follows the story of Rosette Christopher, and her devil partner Chrono. As members of the Magdalene Order, they travel around the country eliminating demonic threats to society, while Rosette searches for her lost brother Joshua.
Chrono Crusade is set in the height of the Roaring Twenties, where jazz is king, bootleg liquor flows freely, and the mob rules the streets. It is a time of prosperity, luxury and decadence, and the division between rich and poor grows even wider in the wake of the First World War. It is at such times of great change and upheaval that the dark things that lurk below the world of man can come to the surface. In the world of Chrono Crusade, a fictional organization known as the Order of Magdalene (or more specifically, the characters of Sister Rosette Christopher and her soul-bound demon partner, Chrono) exists to fight the demonic threats that appear with increasing regularity across America. Both Rosette and Chrono are revealed during the course of the story to be driven by a shadowy past, centered around a search for Rosette's lost brother, Joshua. Joshua is shown to have been taken from her by the sinner, Aion, a devil who shares a dark and bloody history with Chrono, and seeks nothing less than to overthrow Heaven and Earth.

The anime follows the manga through the first half, but it diverges halfway through, creating different courses of events and endings. The characterization of some the characters, including Rosette and Aion, and their roles in the story were changed in the adaptation of the manga. Much of the story is driven by the individual pasts of the main characters and the complex relationships between them.
Manga

Many of the events in Chrono Crusade were based upon prophecies in the Book of Revelation.[citation needed]

It is not completely clear why the romanization of the title within Japan is Chrno Crusade. The common assumption is that the name was altered to not conflict with the popular game franchise Chrono Trigger or its sequel, Chrono Cross. Another explanation is provided in the November 4, 2005 edition of Anime News Network's "Hey, Answerman!" column, where "Answerman" (Zac Bertschy) explains that it was a simple mistake. Additionally, in a subsequent forum posting the owner of ANN, Christopher Macdonald, cites his first-hand account from Daisuke Moriyama at the Anime Boston 2005 anime convention that it was a mistake due to a production error. Both explanations have credibility and reference issues due to the sources of the info, both agree that "Chrono" was the intended spelling.

Anime

In an interview with ADV Manga, Daisuke Moriyama expressed his own opinion about the differences and similarities of the anime and manga, with one of them being the theme of the story. Although the bond between Chrono and Rosette and the idea of time running out were the same, Moriyama felt that the anime and manga showed this theme in different ways. While the anime centered more on the currents of time, fate and trust, Moriyama believed that the manga focused more on the Rosette's individual ideology and how the potential strength of her will can change her current situation.

ADV did extensive research in keeping the slang words within 1920s canon. One word, "bimbo", is explained to mean a tough man in 1920s slang, while the modern version refers to a stupid female. The English voice actors for Rosette and Chrono (Hilary Haag and Greg Ayres) nearly lost their voices on numerous occasions due to the fast-paced voice work demanded by the anime.
Rosetto Kurisutofa?)

* Voiced by: Tomoko Kawakami (Japanese), Hilary Haag (English)

The protagonist of Chrono Crusade. Rosette is an elite exorcist of the Order of Magdalene and goes out on missions to destroy deadly spirits and devils. Her primary motivation is to save her brother Joshua, who has been captured by Aion.

Chrono

* Voiced by: Akira Ishida (Japanese), Greg Ayres (English)

Rosette's contractor and assistant. In the past Chrono has helped Aion.However, when Aion told Chrono to kill the Mary of Magdalene, he refused because of his love for her. This is why Chrono betryed Aion; fueling his hatred for him. Over time when he met Rosette he has fallen in love with her as well. For this reason he is highly protective of her.

Azmaria Hendric
* Voiced by: Saeko Chiba (Japanese), Jessica Boone (English)

The Apostle of Charity and Songstress of Vegas. Azmaria is a 12 year old girl with the gift of healing people through her voice. She has sufferd great grief, for this reason she is senstive to other's words.

Satella Harvenheit

* Voiced by: Michiko Neya (Japanese), Tiffany Grant (English)

A jewel summoner and bounty hunter who kills devils. Also she is on the search for her sister, who was taken by Aion.

Magdalene Order

Sister Kate Valentine

* Voiced by: Yoshiko Sakakibara (Japanese), Laura Chapman (English)

Head of the New York Branch of the Magdalene Order. She is a strong willed woman who often seems out of place fighting demons and devils. She leads the order with an iron resolve, making sure the New York Branch Office runs as smooth as clockwork.

Father Ewan Remington

* Voiced by: Sho Hayami (Japanese), Jason Douglas (English)

The minister of the Magdalene Order. He also serves as a field agent and second in command to Sister Kate. In the Anime, towards the end he leaves the Order. He is seen quite a while later, looking about the same age but unshaven, when the third Prophecy of Fatima happens, just before, seeing someone who appears similar, if not the same, to Aion. He also has the apparent ability to warp, moving from the Magdalene NY HQ to a carnival instantly without anyone's notice. Immediately afterward, during the phone conversation with Sister Kate, he states that he is an Angel. He later states "I am A Sinner", after he severs ties with God, declaring "I have no regrets about my torn wings".

Edward "Elder" Hamilton )

* Voiced by: Tomomichi Nishimura (Japanese), John Swasey (English)

Elder is the person who makes the wepons used by the excorcists. He also has a great love for women which is why he may apppear perverted, though he greatly cares for all the girls.
Sister Anna

* voiced by: Yuki Masuda (Japanese), Mandy Clark : Ep. 01 – 15 / Brittney Karbowski : Ep. 16 – 26 (English)

Sister Mary (, Meari?)

* Voiced by: Ema Kogure (Japanese), Michelle Maulsby (English)

Sister Claire Kurea?)

* Voiced by: Noriko Rikimaru (Japanese), Sasha Paysinger (English)

Minister Gilliam
* Voiced by: Dai Matsumoto

Sinners

Aion

* Voiced by: Kazuhiko Inoue (Japanese), Andy McAvin (English)

The antagonist of the anime/manga series. He is a Sinner and a devil. He is after all of the Apostles, including Azmaria, for reasons that are unknown until Chrono reveals them.

Joshua Christopher Yoshua Kurisutofa?)

* Voiced by: Junko Minagawa (Japanese), Chris Patton (English)

He holds allegiance to Aion's Sinners, and is also the Apostle of Hope and Rosette's little brother. He is able to turn people to stone with the use of Chrono's devil horns. He was originally turned into what he is in the series because he didn't want Rosette to worry about him, and he was tricked by Aion.

Florette "Fiore" Harvenheit

* Voiced by: Natsuko Kuwatani (Japanese), Monica Rial (English)

When younger she was taken by Aion, he erased her memory. Later when encountering her sister she has no idea whom she is. She also is the maid for Joshua; who in time thinks she is his sister.
Rizelle )

* Voiced by: Yōko Soumi

A Spider-like sinner who can cast a spell that paralyzes its victims which thus can be controlled like puppets. All she desires is to be helpful to Aion. Rizelle knew Chrono before Chrono left the sinners.

Genai

* Voiced by: Kōichi Tōchika

Shader

* Voiced by: Yuko Sasamoto

wiki source
Back to top Go down
http://giftedbitch.deviantart.com/

Chrono Crusade
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
.::Zugaikotsu::. :: Anime :: Others-
Jump to: