.::Zugaikotsu::.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.::Zugaikotsu::.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hizaki [guitar]
About Cocco I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 7:16 pm by ...:::Hizumi Chan:::...

» Hiroto[guitar]
About Cocco I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 7:13 pm by ...:::Hizumi Chan:::...

» Hizumi[vocals]
About Cocco I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 3:24 am by ~error heroin~

» Yuuki[keyboard]
About Cocco I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 6:05 pm by ~error heroin~

» Prezentari/Presentations
About Cocco I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:47 pm by ...:::Hizumi Chan:::...

» Asagi[vocal]
About Cocco I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:12 pm by chuis.*

» About Cocco
About Cocco I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:07 pm by chuis.*

» About Vidoll
About Cocco I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 1:55 pm by chuis.*

» Tsukasa[drums]
About Cocco I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:53 am by chuis.*

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

About Cocco

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
~error heroin~
Admin
~error heroin~

About Cocco Empty
PostSubject: About Cocco   About Cocco I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 1:53 am

Cocco (born January 19, 1977 in Naha, Okinawa as Satoko Makishi) is a female Ryukyuan J-Pop singer who debuted in 1996 with a self-titled EP titled Cocko. A track from the EP, "Sing a Song ~No Music, No Life~", was used in an advertising campaign for Tower Records Japan. In March 1997, she released her major label debut single "Kauntodaun" (lit. "Count Down") and a full-length album followed shortly after. It wasn't until 1998 when she scored a big hit in Japan with "Tsuyoku Hakanaimonotachi" ("The Strong and Ephemeral"), selling more than 250,000 copies of that single.

Cocco went on to record three more albums — Kumuiuta in 1998, Rapunzel in 2000, and Sanguroozu in 2001. Before the release of Sanguroozu, Cocco announced she was retiring from the music business. Later that year, her label released a career retrospective, Best + Ura Best + Mihappyokyokushuu, which contained her singles, some b-sides and five unreleased tracks.

Her retirement didn't last too long. In 2002, she published her first art book, Minami no Shima no Hoshi no Suna. In August 2003, she organized a benefit concert to raise awareness about cleaning up beaches in Okinawa. A DVD documentary titled Heaven's Hell followed in December.

2004 saw her appearance on the Yutaka Ozaki cover album "BLUE" and the publication of her second book, Minami no Shima no Koi no Uta, which was accompanied by a limited edition single, "Garnet/Celeste Blue". In 2005, Cocco collaborated with photographer/singer nanaco on CD/book combination titled The Bird.

In late 2004, Cocco teamed up with Shigeru Kishida of the Japanese rock group Quruli to re-record "Sing a Song" for Tower Records' 25th Anniversary in Japan. The sessions inspired the formation of Singer Songer, a band featuring Cocco, Kishida, Quruli bassist Masashi Sato, Cornelius support keyboardist Hirohisa Horie and former FEED drummer Dai Taro.

Singer Songer made its live debut as a special guest at Quruli's year-end concert in December 2004, and in May 2005, the band released a single, "Shoka Rinrin". An album, Barairo Pop was released in June 2005. It contains a selection of country-flavored tracks that are much happier than Cocco's previous works.

On July 7, 2007, Cocco performed at the Japanese leg of Live Earth at the Makuhari Messe, Tokyo.

About Cocco Cocco_jen
Back to top Go down
chuis.*

chuis.*

About Cocco Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Cocco   About Cocco I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:07 pm

she has a pretty and cute voice Smile
Back to top Go down

About Cocco
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
.::Zugaikotsu::. :: J-pop/K-pop :: Cocco-
Jump to: